Stanislav V. Shpanin “Stass”
Stass Shpanin’s art is a living world. It is a free-spirit world of color, purity, and joy. A good teacher can give you techniques and skills, but the vision of color, shape, and something more, which transforms a painting into art is a gift. Stass’ pictures give you powerful overwhelming feelings: rich emotional, and colorful” - Gregory Ostrovsky, PhD, professor of Fine Art at the University of Jerusalem.
Selected Solo Exhibitions and Awards:
• April 2007, publication in the “Russian World”, Springfield, MA.
• June 2007, group art exhibition in the Museum of Contemporary Russian Art, Jersey-City, NJ.
• June 2007, publication in “Krugozor” magazine, Boston, MA.
• July 2006, art with Glenn Williams on BNN channel, Boston, MA.
• September 2006, personal art exhibition in Umbria Galleria, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• April 2005, art show with Boris Tenzer on RTN channel, NJ.
• May 2004, publication an article in National Geographic.
• April 2003, award ceremony in the Library of Congress for the Grand Pre winning in the International Art Contest, Washington D.C., USA.
• April 2003, personal art exhibition in Gallery 44, Ellicott City, Maryland, USA.
• May 2002, Grand Prize at the International Art Contest “River of Words” conducted by the Library of Congress, USA.
• June 2002, publication of “The Old City” picture post card by the Norwegian Humanitarian Enterprise (NHE) in 1000 issues.
• September 2002, art works presentation to the President of the Azerbaijan Republic.
• October 2002, 1st place in the art contest “Children Against Terror”, Israel.
• November 2002, Special International Prize at the International Art Competition in Japan.
• November 2002, Guinness World Record as the Youngest Professional Artist in the World.
• December 2002, first foreign citizen to join the Israel Art Union for outstanding achievements in Art.
• May 2001, group exhibition in Troya conducted by UNESCO, France.
• May 2001, finalist of the International Art Contest “River of Words” conducted by the Library of Congress, USA.
• July 2001, personal art exhibition in Natania, Israel.
• July 2001, 1st place in the Cultural Art Contest of the Maccabi Games in Jerusalem, Israel.
• July 2000, 1st place in the “World and Peace” art contest in Hadera, Israel.
• October 2000, 1st place in the International contest “Trees Rescue”, conducted on Internet.
• December 2000, 1st Prize of Ministry of Transportation of the International Art Contest in Osaka, Japan.
• April 1999, 1st place in the international Art and Literature Contest in Moscow, chaired by the President of the Russian Academy of Arts, the president of the Moscow UNESCO Group Z. Tseretelli, Moscow, Russia.
• July 1999, personal art exhibition in Salerno and special award from the mayor of the city, Italy. • July 1999, personal art exhibition in Oliveto Chitra and special award from the mayor of the city, Italy.
• November 1999, 1st place in the International Art Contest conducted by TACIS (European Union).
• February 1998, group exhibition “Young Talents”, conducted by the Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan at the National Museum of Arts of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan.
• November 1997, 1st place in the art contest “Young Generation of Azerbaijan”, Azerbaijan.
• December 1997, 1st personal exhibition in Baku, Azerbaijan.